Are you looking for the best encrypted email services? If yes, you must be in a need of confidentiality and anonymity for your emails. Gmail, Outlook, or Yahoo are the most used and common email services. But do you know none of them to provide security and encryption for your conversations?
Phishing attacks are getting stronger and hackers know a lot about intruding to your digital life. Reading your emails could be a piece of cake for hackers. If you want to protect your business or even day to day emails containing confidential information, you must use secure encrypted email services.
Let’s first understand about Email encryption-
What is Email Encryption & How does it work?
Email encryption is protecting your email provider information, messages, attachments, and even your archived emails from the mailbox. To do so, encrypted email services use end-to-end encryption.
Encryption converts your plain text email into scrambled coded data which is not easy to decrypt without an encryption key. Along with the encryption, 2-Factor Authentication makes it more secure by adding another shield over your emails. Without a backup key that you have, a mobile number, username, and password, no one can read your emails.
Your email travels through several servers to reach the destination. It’s the route that is more easily hackable. But with the encryption, only you and the recipient can read the email.
8 Best Email Encrypted Services You Should Try In 2020
There are many email encryption services providers over the web and finding the most secure email service is always a challenge. That’s why we come up with the top and most reliable encrypted email services that you can use with Gmail, office 365, outlook, Yahoo, etc. These secure email services work for users living in India, the UK, Switzerland, Berlin, Australia, and Norway.
Let’s get ahead with the list of email encryption services that would secure your email conversations.
1. Canary Mail
Canary mail is user-friendly and smart encrypted email service for all your email accounts. Canary offers desktop as well as smartphone apps for you to securely access your emails.
The app is highly organized where you can integrate your Gmail, Outlook, Office365, Yahoo accounts, and access everything in one place. Apart from security, Canary offers features such as email templates, read receipts, easy tags and labels, calendar, email snooze, contact profiles, and more.
Canary mail saves your time by offering optimized features to manage your emails thereby providing highly encrypted email services.
- End-to-End encryption.
- Organized, highly focused, and easy to use inbox.
- Canary’s natural language processing makes it easier to find old emails with simple search features.
- Save the template of frequently sent mails for reuse.
- Drag and drop emails to labels such as to-do list, follow up and more.
Currently, Canary Mail is available for macOS and iOs. The price is $20 each.
ProtonMail is one of the best encrypted email services, primarily based in Switzerland. Protect your emails by creating an account with a web-based interface of ProtonMail or via mobile app.
Scientists, engineers, and developers at CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) created this encrypted email service for small businesses as well as personal use.
ProtonMail’s user-friendliness, organized inbox, labels settings make it more comfortable to use.
- End-to-End encryption.
- Anonymous Email for your privacy.
- Encrypted contacts.
- Open source, free secure email moldable to your enterprise needs.
- Optimized, organized, and modern inbox.
- Provides ProtonVPN services.
- Free plan: restricted to 1 account and limited features.
- Plus plan: $5.00 /mo or $48.00 /yr
- Professional plan: $8.00 /mo/user or $75.00 /yr/user
- Visionary plan: $30.00 /mo or $288.00 /yr
Hushmail is one of the best secure email services for personal use as well as the business of all sizes. The app protects your email conversation with clients, maintains confidentiality, and is easy to use.
You can send encrypted emails to the users irrespective of their email services. So even if the recipient is not on Hushmail, he/she will read your email on an encrypted webpage.
- Encrypted email services. Account also accessible via Outlook and apple mail.
- Use your own domain name for the email address.
- Secure web forms with drag and drop form builder.
- Electronic signature.
- Hushmail Premium: $49.98 Annual Fee.
- Small Businesses: $5.99/mo/user along with a setup fee of $9.99.
- Small Business Plus: $7.99/mo/user along with a setup fee of $9.99.
- Healthcare Businesses:
- $9.99/month or $109/year for 1 email account
- $19.99/month or $219/year for 5 email account
- $29.99/month or $319/year onwards for more than 5 email accounts.
- Hushmail for Law business: $9.99/mo/user with a setup fee of $9.99.
- Hushmail for Nonprofits: $3.99/mo/user with a setup fee of $9.99.
- Hushmail for Enterprise: Contact the team of Hushmail.
Tutanota is one of the top email encrypted services that you can definitely rely on. The service encrypts your entire mailbox by offering top-notch online security.
Businesses or an individual can use Tutanota to send encrypted emails from desktop or smartphones. Being an open-source tool, Tutanota brings flexibility to millions of users.
In addition, Tutanota is an ad-free secure webmail service. So you won’t get annoyed or distracted. And setting up the account takes hardly a few minutes.
- End-to-End encryption with 2-Factor Authentication.
- Encrypted calendar.
- Import external mailbox to Tutanota.
- Export selected emails as .eml file.
- Offline access to secure emails.
- Send out-of-office emails.
- User-friendly web app, Windows app, Mac and Linux app, and mobile apps.
- Private Plans:
- Free Plan for 1 user with limited features
- Premium Plan: €12/ year or €1.20/month
- Team plan: €48/year or €4.80/month
- Business plans:
- Premium Plan: €12/ year or €1.20/month
- Team plan: €48/year or €4.80/month
- Pro Plan: €72/year or 7.20/month
There are some additional storage and email alias plans available too.
POSTEO is an independent, encrypted email service based in Berlin. The service is completely ad-free and provides the best privacy and security to your emails.
The user interface of webmail offered by POSTEO is highly organized. You can create folders under inbox, compose a customized email using various font styles, colors, emojis, and more.
Posteo supports SMTP, IMAP, and POP protocols, so you can use it via any email app that supports these protocols.
- Privacy, End-to-End encryption, 2-Factor Authentication
- 2GB storage (expandable)
- Attachments up to 50MB
- Custom filters, spam and virus filters
- Secure contacts list and calendar
- Anonymous signup
- Ad-free webmail
- All Posteo Features: €1 per month.
- Additional storage: €0.25 /mo/GB
- Additional alias addresses: €0.10/mo
- Additional calendars: €0.10/mo
Runbox has been providing secure email and domain services for 20 years now. It’s primarily based in Norway and is one of the best-encrypted email services that you can rely on.
Along with secure email services with flexible pricing plans, Runbox also provides domain registration services for your company. If you already have a domain, you can create an email address with your own domain.
Runbox also has an easy to use calendar and reminder synchronization features that you can use across all your devices.
- Encrypted email services with 2-Factor Authentication (2FA).
- Virus scanning.
- The application-specific password to secure services that are not under 2FA.
- Virus filters to keep your email away from any malicious attack.
- Secure Calendar services and file storage.
- It supports other email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird.
- Access control list to decide which IP address can access your Redbox account.
- Micro Plan: $1.66/mo or $19.95/year with 1GB storage.
- Mini Plan: $2.91/mo or $34.95/year with 5GB storage.
- Medium Plan: $4.16/mo or $49.95/year with 10GB storage.
- Max Plan: $6.66/mo or $79.95/year with 25GB storage.
To protect your emails from malicious attacks or viruses, CTemplar provides anonymous and end-to-end encryption for your emails. CTemplar is comparatively new to the encrypted email services, as it was first launched in 2018. But it has all the features that one might need to keep the emails private and encrypted.
Primarily based in Iceland, CTemplar follows the strongest security and privacy laws in the world. It has a simple and straightforward user interface. You can opt for the free trial and then upgrade as per your needs.
- 4096 bit RSA encryption to all your messages.
- Anonymous usage support.
- Legal protection via Iceland privacy laws.
- 4-wall protection of your data.
- Anti-Phishing protection.
- Open source code on Github.
- Anonymous signups and payments.
- A free plan with 200 mails per day and limited features.
- Prime Plan: $8/month or $6/month billed annually
- Knight Plan: $12/month or $10.5/month billed annually.
- Marshall Plan: $20/month or $18/month billed annually.
- Champion Plan: $50/month or $37.5/month billed annually.
8. ZOHO mail
ZOHO is one of the best and affordable encrypted email services for your business. It has built-in collaboration features that are suitable for business needs. Employees of the organization can use it seamlessly for group communications.
ZOHO’s enterprise email suite allows you to access modern services such as calendar, notes, contacts, and bookmarks.
If your business already has an email suite, ZOHO offers one-click migration from G Suite, Office 365.
- Data Security and Privacy.
- Integration with CRM tools.
- Easy migration from other services.
- Social media flavor to the mailbox with features like comments, tags, and more.
- Email retention and quick e-discovery of emails from specific time periods.
- Enterprise hosting for easy collaboration among employees.
- Mail Lite: $1/user/month billed annually.
- Mail Premium: $4/user/month billed annually
- Workplace: Starts from $3/user/month billed annually.
Email sent using Gmail or Outlook are vulnerable to attacks. To protect your messages, your entire mailbox, you need to have encryption services. When you handle confidential data on a daily basis, we recommend you use one of the above email encrypted services.
Let us know about your experience. Feel free to suggest some more such services to our team.
You might also like to read the following-
- Best Email Finder Tools To LookUp Anyone’s Email
- Free Best Email Tracking Tools For Gmail And Outlook 2020
- Email Signature Tools For Professionals 2020 [UPDATED]
- Best Cold Emailing Outreach Tools 2020