Best Microphone For YouTube Videos Recording In 2021
Are you looking for the latest and best microphone for YouTube videos in 2021? We are all aware of YouTube and the features it brings along, now it’s time to dig a little deeper.
We’re sure you would have subscribed to a lot of YouTube channels that you particularly like, and many of you would want to start your own YouTube channel as well.
You should consider certain things before becoming a YouTuber, and one of them is recording your voice!
If you are probably willing to use a camera that has a built-in microphone, then you might just be making the wrong decision. Audio quality and video quality both are important for building a YouTube channel.
If your voice does not sound good, the HD quality video won’t save you. You gotta have both the things top-notch.
A part of the initial investment goes to the microphones used while recording and creating a good video. The microphones come in different qualities and sizes, keeping in mind the budget.
Moreover, it’s important to understand your needs. What are you filming? A podcast, maybe a tutorial video, a music video, or an outdoor entertainment video. All these needs are important to take into consideration before buying a microphone.
We have tried to cover each type of microphone that will suit your needs.
7 Best Microphones For Recording Youtube Videos 2021
If you are looking for some of the most used best microphones for YouTube and their features, then this listicle is for you. Let’s get started!
If you are looking for a handy and small microphone for the recording, a lavalier microphone would be perfect for you. You can clip it to your shirt’s collar and hide the wire underneath. As the microphone will be closer to your mouth, it will record good quality audio.
Techlicious 3.5mm clip microphone is a decent mic for YouTube vlogging with a built-in noise reduction mechanism. It comes with a microphone splitter cable and a 3.5mm jack.
- Works best with smartphones with earphones integration. Mainly suitable for indoor youtube video recording or a lecture recording.
- If you want to record louder audio, this microphone is best for you. Due to its sensitivity levels, it is best to use indoors.
- It does not require any configuration.
- Compatible with almost every device as it comes with a microphone splitter.
The only thing is, its noise reduction mechanism is not as good as you might expect. However, in this price range, it serves the purpose if you know your needs. You might need to turn the external noises off, like a fan or any background noise. Some people prefer hiding the mic behind the clothes. However, if your clothes are touching the mic, the friction noise will get recorded louder.
Zoom H1n is one of the coolest handheld microphones. It’s a multipurpose microphone for recording youtube videos, presentations, and podcasts. You can use it as a wireless handheld mic or can tie it to the stand to keep it on a desk along with your lavalier.
In the lesser price range, Zoom H1n will serve the purpose of YouTubers.
- Zoom H1n has built-in stereo condenser microphones. Those are amazing for video filmmaking on DSLR.
- You can transfer data from the microphone to your computer using a micro USB.
- Advanced featured on Zoom H1n can record a distortion-free signal up to 120 dB SPL. It’s good for concerts too.
- It lets you control the playback quite easily.
Overall, it’s a versatile recorder. It’s an omnidirectional mic, so naturally, it will catch noises from every direction.
TAKSTAR SGC-598 is a shotgun type microphone at a very reasonable price. It would be a good option for beginners. Mounting onto the camera will give you good quality audio along with an HD video for YouTube.
- Its noise-canceling feature gives amazing sound quality.
- The frequency range of this microphone is 50Hz to 16KHz and sensitivity in the range of – 32dB + / – 3dB.
- This microphone is a good choice for outdoor interviews and filming.
- As it has a standard universal connector, it works with any vlogging camera.
The microphone comes with a +10dB enhancement switch, which is useful when recording from 4 to 5 feet distance. However, for a very short distance, some users do not recommend the +10dB switch.
Blue yeti is one of the most loved microphones among YouTubers. It offers the best quality audio with its Tri-capsule condenser array. With a little higher price, this microphone is versatile to work in any situation.
- Blue yeti allows users to select multiple patterns like cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional, and stereo.
- This USB microphone comes with a mute button, a headphone jack with a volume dial, and a stand.
- The frequency response of Blue Yeti is between 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Blue Yeti has a pro variant with additional features for more enhanced audio recording.
This microphone is best for musical videos, podcasts, field recordings, and conference calls as well. You might need to buy an adapter to make it compatible with your device. Blue Yeti comes in different colors, but the price varies with color.
Everyone wishes to have the best Microphones for recording YouTube videos, that too at affordable prices. Blue Snowball USB Microphone can be said as the affordable alternative of the quite appreciated Blue Yeti.
If you wonder how come this Blue Snowball USB Microphone costs less, the answer is it is made up of plastic combined with a metal grill. Let’s have a look at its features now.
- The sampling rate of the Blue Snowball USB microphone is 16-bit at 44.1 kHz.
- The number of recording settings in the microphone is three.
- It makes it easier for the user to switch between the patterns of omnidirectional polar, cardioid, and cardioid with a -10dB pad.
- The range of the frequency response is from 40 Hz to 18 kHz.
Additionally, the user of this microphone has the advantage of getting his/her microphone under the budget of 70 bucks.
As per views, the cardioid mode offers the microphone user response of full frequency; however, for the omnidirectional mode, this microphone might be robust to recommend and use. In this particular model, the audio recorded seems to pinch and irritate the listener’s ears; hence, if you do not want to use this mode, you should probably buy the Blue Microphones Snowball iCE Microphone.
Many users would not know that initially, Audio Technica AT2020 USB Microphone was used as a studio microphone; later, the model was converted into a USB microphone.
The USB microphone does not offer different audio recording features like the Blue Yeti.
- Holds a frequency response from 20 Hz to 20KHz.
- Serves the user with plenty of bass extension
- The microphone is more suitable for the use of voice-overs, studio, and field recording.
- The frequency response that extends and the transient response from the microphones is due to having a low bass diaphragm.
This Microphone does not fail in having a fantastic sound quality; the model focuses on having higher frequencies and lesser on the base. Known to have better sound quality than Blue yeti due to its features. However, users have noticed that the pickup of the model reduces because of the cardioid polar mode.
The connection of a microphone to a DSLR camera becomes almost necessary when you start vlogging on YouTube! This shotgun microphone might become your favorite for recording audio after reading this; let’s see how.
The Rode VideoMic Pro certainly does not disappoint anyone when it comes down to recording quality audios for the vlogs. Additionally, the microphone is comparatively compact, which makes it easy to handle while recording.
- This microphone model allows you to switch the model on, off, and high pass filter.
- The gain can be adjusted between -10, 0, and +10 dB
- The cardioid pattern helps in eliminating some amount of the external voice.
With these fantastic features, the Rode VideoMic Pro microphone proves itself to be among the best microphones for recording YouTube videos.
Based on your needs and budget, you will come across various types of mics such as unidirectional, omnidirectional, bidirectional, and cardioid. A detailed post on each of the types will be live on our website soon.
The one we covered above has been the best seven microphones that you can use for vlogging! The range of these models might vary. However, we must say that the quality has not been compromised.
The microphones’ features have left the users amazed and satisfied at large, so if you plan to buy a microphone sometimes near, do refer to the points above!
We hope you like reading the article and try one of the microphones. Do let us know which one is your favorite?
If you are using any other microphones for recording videos, share it with us in the comment section below.
You might like to read the following articles: