10 Best Payment Gateways In India For Online Payments 2020
What’s the first thing customers expect from online businesses? The answer is seamless and comfortable payment options. When we were digging the best payment gateways in India, we found some great online payment apps to power up, not just businesses but freelancers as well.
The payment gateway is a technology/service designed for merchants to allow authorized, secure, and comfortable payment methods for customers.
If you own a service-oriented business or an e-commerce site, these payment gateways will ease the transaction for your customers and add professionalism to your business.
How do I choose a payment gateway?
So, when you look for the best payment gateways, you need to consider factors like:
- Multiple payment options for customer’s comfort
- Multi-Currency feature if your business has foreign customers
- Secure and encrypted transaction
- Fast Bank settlements
The above four features are the primary and important features that your business should have. Apart from these four, customers expect more comfort in payments by options like EMI, Pay later, Saved cards, and more.
The list below of best payment gateway providers in India has top options covered that are widely used by Indian companies, online businesses with all the features mentioned above, and some more.
10 Best Payment Gateways In India For Online Businesses 2020
Let’s take a look at the best online payment gateways that you can use to collect online payments in India in 2020-
For your business of any size, Cashfree would be the best choice of online payment gateway. It’s a full-stack payment solution where you can easily manage all your transactions and bank settlements.
Cashfree provides API banking platforms through which Indian Businesses can accept, send, refund money. Integrating the API to your website and APP would enable the seamless payment for both you and your customers.
Once you add Cashfree to your business’s digital infrastructure, it gives you multiple payment options to set up. You can allow card payments, net banking, Paytm, and famous mobile wallets for users to pay.
Cashfree is trusted by a lot of famous businesses such as Zomato, Zoomcar, Bigbasket.
- 100+ Payment options including, 70+ Netbanking options, UPI, PAYTM, mobile wallets.
- Pay later features
- EMI options
- International Payment options by 30+ foreign currencies.
- Saved cards feature for fast and comfortable payment.
- Auto-payment feature via UPI, Cards, or net banking for recurring payments.
- Instant refunds if the customer cancels the order.
Based on the payment methods available under the package, Cashfree charges from 1.75% to 3.5% per transaction.
<Try Cashfree Payment Gateway>
PayU is one of the best and easy to set up payment gateways in India. You can sign up and set up your payment methods within a few minutes without any coding knowledge.
You can easily customize PayU to match your website theme. PayU allows you to generate and send customized invoices to your customer.
PayU’s mobile apps will make it handy for you to manage all your payments from your Android or iOS phone. Moreover, PayU provides an Excel plugin to install on Windows 7 or Windows 8, 10.
PayU is trusted and used by well-known brands such as Netflix, Myntra, BookMyShow, Airbnb.
- Multiple payment options such as Netbanking, UPI, Credit/Debit cards, wallets.
- Easy integration with WordPress, Shopify, Magento eCommerce solutions.
- BharatQR code to allow customers to scan and pay using any app.
- Custom and professional invoice generation.
- Multi-currency support for international payments
- Send payment links via SMS, Whatsapp, Instagram, or Facebook.
- Pay Later and EMI options for your customers via LazyPay.
- Auto-recurring payments
- Pay your vendors by easy single-click bulk payment.
- Website Payments: 2% / transaction
- Mobile App Payments: 2% / transaction
- Ecommerce Website+Payments: 1.99 % / transaction
Razorpay is one of the best payment gateways for Indians to power their businesses online. It provides the entire payment suite to the companies to ease the payment collection from customers as well as distribution to vendors.
You can easily view the statistics of payments, refunds, and settlements on the Razorpay dashboard.
Razorpay provides a perfect payment solution for unregistered businesses such as freelancers, consultants, boutique owners.
IRCTC, Airtel, ZOHO, and more well-established businesses use Razorpay as their payment gateway.
- 50+ Netbanking options, UPI, Wallets, and Bharat QR payment methods.
- Credit, Debit, and MasterCard payments with saved card options.
- International payments support from 92 countries.
- Credit card EMI, Debit card EMI, no-cost EMI, and even cardless digital EMI options
- Pay later feature via ePayLater, ICICI bank.
- Payment statistics and analysis on Dashboard
- Easy creation and sending of invoice
- Customizable checkout form
- Create offers to give discounts to your customers.
- ePOS app for easy payment collection by Razorpay
- Easy integration, plugins, and demo docs for developers.
- Standard plan for small to medium-size businesses: 2% / transaction for Indian payments and 3% / transaction for international payments, EMIs. ZERO set up and maintenance fee.
- Enterprise Plan for larger businesses: Contact Razorpay team
<Try Razorpay Payment Gateway><Razorpay ePOS Android App>
PayPal is securely powering business by providing payment gateways worldwide. It supports more than 200 countries, not just for businesses but for personal use as well.
Integrating PayPal to your e-commerce sites would be beneficial to accept foreign transactions seamlessly. The payment solution comes with secure payment methods and fraud protection.
PayPal offers a payment solution for freelancers. You can create a personalized payment link and share it via email, chat, or on social media accounts and collect online payments. It also lets you generate an invoice.
To use the PayPal payment gateway in India for collecting foreign payments, you need to choose a foreign currency as a base currency. PayPal will charge you to convert the base foreign currency into Indian Rupees.
eBay, Klook, Etsy are among the businesses that are using the PayPal payment gateway.
- Secure payment solutions for more than 200 countries.
- Multi-Currency support.
- Faster checkout for customer’s ease.
- Custom invoice generation for businesses and freelancers.
- PayPal.Me custom payment link to receive payments.
- Built-in fraud detection
- 2-Factor Authentication for secure transactions.
- Local payments: Fixed 2.5% + ₹3
- International Payments: From 3.4% + fix currency fee.
<Try PayPal><Try PayPal.Me><PayPal Business App>
Paytm is another top and secure payment gateways in India since 2010. It was initially just a bill payment app that grew to provide a payment suite for online and offline businesses. It also has an eCommerce service.
Paytm payment gateway supports multiple payment methods such as Net Banking, Credit/Debit cards, UPI, Wallets, and Payments Bank.
Apart from Payment solutions, Paytm provides Business tools and financial services. Business tools include a dashboard, Business app, Paytm mini program to reach the user base, and AI solutions.
You can create a Current account, salary account, and apply for Paytm First credit card under the financial services.
Well-known businesses like Uber, OYO, Zee5 uses the Paytm payment suite.
- Multiple payment methods: Net Banking, Cards, UPI
- EMI options
- Anti-fraud technology with 128-bit encryption mechanism.
- Saved cards and easy checkout
- Pre-authorization: Book a specific amount from the customer’s wallet and debit it later.
- Business Insights features
- Paytm payments account for personal and business use.
- Easy refund if the customer cancels the order.
- Paytm all-in-one SDK to invoke the Paytm app installed on the user’s phone for the payment.
- All-In-One QR code for quick payments
- Fast Bank settlements
Depending on the payment method, Paytm charges start from 0.4% to 1.99% per transaction plus GST. It includes unlimited monthly acceptance limits.
For All-In-One QR, Paytm does not charge anything for UPI and Rupay payments. For Paytm wallet, 0.84% + GST beyond 1,00,000 monthly limit.
Instamojo is a versatile and powerful payment gateway in India. It provides a fully-featured payment suite for businesses of any size.
With Instamojo, you can set up multiple payment methods on your website. The multiple payment options bring ease in transactions to your customers.
Instamojo helps you track the analytics of your business and allows you to integrate CRM tools for customer support and more.
Urbanclap, Dunzo are currently powering their businesses using Instamojo.
- Multiple payment methods, such as net banking, UPI, Card, and wallets.
- Easy checkout for customers.
- Custom payment buttons matching the theme of your website.
- Collect payment by sharing a secure payment link.
- Encryption mechanism on each transaction.
- Easy API integration.
- Easy Payment tracking.
- Bulk payments.
- CRM integration.
- Plugins to integrate Instamojo on your website and tools
- Analytics to track the growth of your business.
- All NEFT/RTGS and bank transfers are free.
- UPI, Net banking, Wallets Transactions: 2% + ₹3 + GST per transaction.
- International Transactions: 3% + ₹3 + GST per transaction.
<Try Instamojo Payment Gateway>
PayKUN is India’s trusted and powerful payment gateways. The payment suite comes with zero setup fees, smooth transactions, and free payment links.
PayKUN uses Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Secure Socket Layer (SLL), and AES 256 encryption to add protection shields to each transaction.
You can track your business growth with analytics features offered by PayKUN. More than ten thousand small and large businesses are using PayKUN, including CarHatke, YESKART, and more.
- Easy integration to the website with custom buttons matching the theme.
- Multiple payment methods: Cards, UPI, Wallets, Net Banking, and more.
- Payment link to share on Whatsapp, SMS, or email.
- Secure and encrypted transactions
- Fast bank settlements
- Smart Analytics
- For Indian Net banking, debit cards, UPI, and some wallets: 1.75% per transaction + GST
- For Indian Credit cards and Paytm wallet: 2% per transaction + GST
- International Credit cards, Diners, Amex cards, and JCB: 3% per transaction + GST
Enterprise Plans: Custom Pricing for large scale businesses.
Atom is a secure payment gateway offered by NTT Data company for businesses. The payment suite comes with ease in multiple payment options along with an encryption shield for each transaction.
With fast and comfortable bank settlements, Atom offers a worry-free transactional experience for businesses.
Atom gives you an integration kit that you can customize and add to your website or app to enable seamless transactions.
Among 150 thousand businesses using Atom, Tata Sky, Flipkart, and CDD are some of the well-known examples.
- 256 bit encrypted PCI DSS for secure payments.
- 265+ payment options, including net banking, UPI, Cards, wallets, Bharat QR, and more.
- Multi-currency support
- Save cards options for customers to comfortably checkout the cart item.
- Invoice of the payment to the customer’s email id.
- EMI options
- Integration KIT with easy instructions for website and app.
- Merchant console for tracking the growth of your business
- Based on the payment method, Atom charges from 0.9% per transaction to 3.95% per transaction.
- Annual Software Upgradation charges are: ₹5000
- Integration charges are: ₹10000 (One time)
CCAvenue makes it’s entry to the best payment gateways in India because of the features it offers. Apart from payment solutions, CCAvenue offers data center infrastructure and software platforms for businesses.
Using their marketing tool, you can create offers and promotions to gain the attention of more customers. The analytics features show you detailed statistics of transaction rates and business growth.
Godaddy, Mcdonalds, and thousands of Indian merchants are powering their business with CCAvenue.
- Multiple payment options
- Bank EMI options
- Multi-currency support
- Multilingual checkout page, including Indian languages as well as foreign languages.
- Customize payment page to match the theme of your website
- Shopping cart plugins to add to your app or website
- iFrame integration to save card details
- Marketing tools
- Smart analytics
- Startup Pro plan: Zero setup fee, 2% per transaction +taxes
- Privilege plans: ₹30000 setup fee and personalized rates for transactions based on business volume.
<Try CCAvenue Payment Gateway>
Mobikwik started as a digital wallet and has now grown to provide a payment suite for startups and enterprises.
It is one of the famous and secure payment gateways in India. Mobikwik provides an easy integration kit, APIS, to add the payment gateways to your apps or websites.
Domino’s, Blue Dart are powering their businesses with Mobikwik payment gateway along with thousands more.
- Mobile optimized integration that works seamlessly on any screen size
- Diverse payment options including Net Banking, Cards, UPI, Wallets, QR code
- PCI DSS encryption for every transaction
- Business growth insights and statistics
- Integration kit including plugins for WordPress, Android, ios, windows, and more
- Shareable payment links
- International cards support
- EMI options
For small businesses/startups: 1.9% per transaction via National payment methods and 2.9% per transaction international cards, EMI, AMEX, and diners
Custom prices for enterprises.
<Try Mobikwik Payment Gateway>
Every customer uses credit cards, multiple UPI apps, wallets, and net banking. To allow your customers to use any payment options comfortably, you need to have a fully-featured payment gateway integrated to your digital store.
Above are the ten best payment gateways in India that we found are worth sharing with our readers.
If you are a freelancer or own a small startup with less than four people, we got you covered with the best payment gateway option. Some of the payment gateways allow unregistered businesses to use their payment solutions.
Let us know what other payment options you know or use in your business to collect payments online? We would love to hear your suggestions in the comment box below.