9 Best Video Editing Software For Android And iOS Users (Free & Paid)
Are you looking for the best video editing software for Android and iOS? Shooting videos and images from Android/iOS is easy, but it is the editing part that is tricky. That’s why there’s a need for a video editing app. The app that runs on your Android/iOs device and doesn’t limit you when it comes to functions and features.
Google Play Store and iTunes are packed with many kinds of video editing apps. Since a lot of apps are available, it becomes difficult to decide which one you should use.
Also Read- Best Video Editing Software For YouTube
Best Video Editing Software For Android And iOS (Free & Paid)
Here we have come up with the hand-picked collection of free video editing software, for both Android and iOS users. These apps (software) have good reviews over the store, a high number of installations, and frequently updated. You can choose the best video editing app that fits your needs.
1. Adobe Premiere Rush
The app working on the base of Adobe Sensei Artificial intelligence helps you create and edit high-quality video on your android or iOS device. It’s one of the best video editing apps that anyone can use for regular video editing purposes.
Adobe premier rush offers built-in templates to customize. Some animated templates are available as well. You can customize color, font size, and style, add motion graphics, and more to the video.
- It has a cross-device video editor that lets you create and share a professional high-quality video from smartphones, tabs, or desktop PC.
- The app offers various editing filters, effects, video speed control, which are easy to apply and use.
- The app has a built-in professional camera functionality that you can use to capture videos right from the app.
- Drag-drop features make the editing more comfortable and even newbies can try the app.
- Various tools allow you to crop the video, trim the video, add effects, voiceovers, frames, photos, graphics, and more.
- The sensei AI helps to balance and synchronize the audio, does noise reduction and auto-ducking.
- You can also export a 4K quality video in portrait or landscape form.
To use unlimited features of the app on all devices that you use, a premium plan for $9.99 with optional in-app purchases would be a good choice. You also get 100GB of cloud storage in the plan. You can also opt for Adobe creative cloud membership.
2. GoPro App
GoPro app, suitable for making fun videos is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. The app is cross-platform making it easy to use on any device.
- Easily upload the recent footage from the camera to the phone or the device you are using to edit the video.
- You can choose a frame, apply effects to the frames, choose a perfect theme from the available options, and add transitions and music.
- Trimming the video, adding color effects, stickers, photos, shapes is just a matter of simple clicks.
- You can directly post the videos edited from GoPro to Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other compatible social platforms.
GoPro app has In-app purchases depending on the features. GoPro Plus subscription unlocks more features for a $4.99/mo or $4.17/mo for a yearly subscription.
With GoPro Plus subscription, you get unlimited access to the cloud where you can backup your videos in original quality and access from any device.
KineMaster, another best app for editing and exporting the videos up to 4K resolution. The app is easy to use and offers an instant preview of the video you are editing.
- With KineMaster, you can add multiple layers of videos, photos, text, and handwriting.
- Reverse video features, special effects and filters, speed control, and more amazing features available in the app.
- KineMaster also has a blending mode to give beautiful effects to the video frames.
- The app offers easy to use keyframe animation tool to add motion layers.
- Audio tools such as volume envelope tool, ducking, and audio synchronization are available in the tool.
The free version of the tool performs the majority of the editing tasks. However, the free version has a watermark, which you can remove by opting for a premium version of KineMaster.
Filmora Go is a free Android video maker, a product of Wondershare Filmora that is as powerful as its desktop version.
You can smoothly edit clips on the go. This software offers a comfortable UI design to produce intuitive and exciting clips.
When you start the application, it will prompt you to create a new video. Firstly, you can add videos and images from your phone gallery. It will preview all the video files and pictures of your phone. Here you can pick multiple videos as well by taping the tick mark to each video you want to add.
You can try their ready-made themes with a single tap for a new look. If you have multiple media files, you can apply fun transitions to switch between them. Although, you can crop the video or change its aspect ratio.
- The app is FREE to use with NO ADS.
- Some IN-APP PURCHASE based on what features you are willing to unlock.
- READY-MADE THEMES that you can select and edit as per your needs.
- Brief Wordmark at the end.
These features coupled with common color optimization options, speed adjustment. And no ads to disturb you make editing a fun experience.
There are no ads although it has in-app purchases for additional filters and effects.
VivaVideo is the right video editing application when you’re after something fun. You can edit existing videos or capture clips directly from the app.
This app is available for free in the Android market and provides storyboard editing tools, multiple capture lenses, slideshow, collage maker, and music video maker as well.
- This app works in portrait mode only, and each tool is clearly labeled. To spice up your dull video, use our favorite Parkour filter.
- It adds dramatic spins, wipes, and random zooms to your clips. There are more than 60 additional effects available that you can download from its store.
- The video is watermarked with the app’s name and there’s a five-minute limit on exported clips.
- You can export the final video in resolution from 720p to 4K.
The app has In-App purchases to unlock additional features based on your needs.
Quik is a compact video editing tool which is available for free for Android users. Few taps and the video editor allow the user to create amazing videos.
- You can customize the clip by adding beautiful transition effects along with the music.
- It also allows adding text and music which makes the video editing process fast and exciting.
- You can share the video on almost all the social media platforms using its sharing options.
- Videos and photos captured in HERO5 and GoPro cameras are of massive size, and with good quality, even media files are taken from heavy cameras also work perfectly in this tool. So it gives robustness to the delivered videos which are a great thing.
- It also provides adjustment of fonts, filters, and graphics for your video and you can personalize your video story with the feature of text overlay and title slide.
VideoShow is a professional video editing tool for smartphone users. The tool is very appealing, tidy, and comes with a bright home screen. It has everything to deliver to you, some shiny changes to video projects in front of your mini screen of the Android device.
- It is free to use and there is no restriction on any part of this application.
- It has features like a distinct toolbox with few small handy tools such as ultra-cut, fast trim, a video compressor and video to mp3 converter resides in this category.
- It offers a large variety of editing features for free of cost which is very admirable. Hence it will take place on every android device in no time though its performance and compatibility.
8. PowerDirector Video Editor App
PowerDirector is known as a professional video editing application for Android (only). It is an exhaustive video editing tool that gives a fantastic user-friendly environment to its Android users. Users can access any part of the app free of cost without spending a single penny.
- Some of the highlighted features include Magic movie wizard, Express project, motion tracking, 360- degree video, Multicam editing, content-aware, and project encoding & exporting as well.
- PowerDirector employs optimization of 64-bit graphics hardware acceleration integrated with SVRT and Open Computing language support which makes the video editing process smoother.
- The blending mode option lets you create exposure effects by overlay clips.
- The tool has 400+ free templates, stickers, font styles, and color options, and video effect options for free.
9. Funimate Video Editor
Funimate Video Editor allows editors to easily make eye-catching video projects by adding funny effects to it. It comes with 20 different enhanced effects which make the video more thrilling and attractive at the same time.
- The app provides 100+ advanced video effects accessible from the video editor.
- Adding the audio, photos, custom effects to the video can be done by simple clicks.
- Funimate tool allows users to directly share the videos to all the social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Whatsapp, and iMessage as well.
- This video editing tool comes with pro subscription packs at $3 per week which provides more effects and extra features added to it.
The app has In-App purchases for some products to use. Based on your needs, you can pay for the chosen product.
We keep appending new apps to the list when we find some more best editing apps for Android and iOS.
More video editing apps could be covered here, but we tried to keep the list precise and straightforward. We hope you enjoy using the apps mentioned in the list above.
If you have any queries related to the apps, do let us know. Also, share your experience and tell us which app you like the most?
You might also like to read the following posts: