Are you using YouTube chrome extensions or add-ons on Google chrome browser? If not, then these best browser extensions will change the way you experience YouTube on Google Chrome.
No doubt that YouTube is the one video platform that hasn’t lost its charm over the years. Due to the varied and reliable content (both user-generated and commercial media content), it has emerged as a platform that millennials keep going back to time and again.
Over fifty million YouTubers are actively creating content, and five billion videos are being watched every day. As a one-stop solution to everyday issues, entertainment, and more, it gives way to a never-ending list of gaps.
While Google works relentlessly to address the customer-reported loopholes to improve the user experience, you don’t have to wait for your woes to be resolved.
It takes minutes or less to download third-party YouTube extensions for Chrome.
15 Best YouTube Chrome Browser Extensions 2020
A lot of YouTube add-ons are available for the Chrome browser, but you don’t have to use every single one of them. Here we have compiled the best, frequently updated, YouTube chrome browser extensions, which are handy and easy to use in 2020.
Moreover, these YouTube chrome add-ons have got good ratings and recommended by users who have already used them. Take a look.
With 4.6 ratings, Tubebuddy is the most important chrome add-on for YouTube vloggers helps to grow YouTube channels. The extension offers advanced YouTube SEO features. Almost 800,000+ vloggers are using TubeBuddy.
Once you install the TubeBuddy Chrome Extension, on the top corner of the YouTube page, you will find the Main menu of TubeBuddy.
Click on it, and you will be able to locate Dashboard, My channel, Analytics, channel health report, Tag explorer, and more.
Features of TubeBuddy:
- TubeBuddy offers a Tag tool to explore related tags for your video.
- The tag tool allows you to find related tags, the search volume of the tags, the competition of the tags, an overall score of the tag.
- From the analytics of a Tag tool, you can translate the tags.
For example, if your channel has users from non-English regions of the world, you can translate your tags to different languages by selecting the country and use them to improve video ranking.
- You will see a dropdown option of TubeBuddy’s tools under all your uploaded videos on the channel.
- Video SEO tool, Promotions, Thumbnail generator, GIF generator, Annotation tools, Schedule a publish tools are available for each video.
- A menu above the list of uploaded videos offers bulk processing options such as bulk delete, bulk update.
- While uploading the video, TubeBuddy offers on-page tools to optimize your upload process, tag generation to improve SEO.
- It also offers stats, tags, and video performance tools on the description page of your video. So you can track the stats of your video from the description window while you are watching it.
Create an account on TubeBuddy to access more detailed analytics reports and video performance monitoring. If you have a youtube channel, this Youtube data extension should be in your vlog management.
<Download TubeBuddy Chrome Extension><Try TubeBuddy Pro Today>
As a YouTuber or vlogger, you need strong analytical grounds to encourage well-informed judgment calls that yield results.
From questions on YouTube SEO to the ranking of search results on the platform, vidIQ, a YouTube-certified browser extension, will help you understand the nitty-gritty of the trade.
With approximately 1 million users and a nearly perfect rating of 4.5 stars from eight thousand users, a 2.46 MB browser extension software vidIQ is trusted by AOL, eBay, and Time Inc. Its latest update on February 6, 2020, with a 3.8.4 version that gives you a fantastic YouTube experience.
Since its inception, vidIQ has been successfully managing over thirty billion YouTube views across eight thousand channels.
Features of vidIQ:
- vidIQ offers a channel audit tool to show video performance. The tool is one of the best tools for channel marketing.
- vidIQ also gives a score based on a video ranking algorithm. The score predicts the chances of your video getting recommended in related videos.
- One of the features offered by vidIQ is video velocity tracker, which identify YouTube video getting viral based on a number of views in real-time.
- vidIQ Pro allows users to access historical data to check performance based on keywords. Users can research the best keywords for the video content with the PRO version of vidIQ.
- vidIQ boost and boost+offers SEO features to boost your video and offers personalized coaching for YouTube video creators.
- The tool improves brand awareness and helps you create an organic audience by deriving insights from both your channel and social media accounts.
- Priced reasonably depending on your needs and usage, each of the four packages provides their means of advanced account management, content and channel strategy, community management, custom reporting and analysis, and more.
- vidIQ also allows you to manage multiple channels, create relevant content, and inspire collaboration with fellow YouTubers.
As Paul Cooney, the YouTube Partnership Manager at AOL, says, “vidIQ tackles YouTube SEO head-on with Tag Recommendations, a crucial tool for the growth of AOL’s diverse brand channels.”
In addition to the browser extension, vidIQ also provides customized brand solutions, network solutions, and agency solutions for brands.
<Try vidIQ Today> <Try vidIQ PRO>
With a 4.7 star rating from almost 10,000 users, this extension saves a lot of trouble to download a YouTube video.
And not just video downloading, you can also download mp3 of the video by just selecting an option of the convert to MP3.
You will be asked to install the extension via CrossPilot. Once you add this extension on to your Chrome browser, click ‘Grant permission’ from the extension options to use the extension. This will help you to download both videos with HTTP and HTTPS URL formats.
Now, when you watch a video, you will see a “Download Button” below that YouTube video like this-
You can select any format such as MP3, MP4, FLV, and download the video.
Features of YouTube Video Downloader:
- Download any YouTube video in any quality, starting from 360p to 1080p by just a single click.
- ‘Convert to MP3’ feature.
- The extension allows you to choose the time interval of the video to download that portion of the video.
- You can also download videos from embedded YouTube players by clicking on the Download button at the top right corner of the video player.
- The extension also allows you to capture high-quality screenshots of the frames in the video. Just pause the video at a frame that you want to capture and click on the camera icon at the bottom right corner of the video.
- Some advanced features of this extension are dark mode option, float view, auto-pause the video when you leave the page, disables annotations, and much more.
Also, this YouTube add-on by default downloads 120-minute longer videos; you can change the setting from extension options to download longer videos.
With this many awesome features, this is the YouTube extension that you can’t live without. It’s good for students, too, to download study tutorial videos, which are usually long.
<Download YouTube Video Downloader Extension>
SuperYouTube is the simplest extension to access YouTube videos description and comments while watching the video without a need to scroll down. Nearly ten thousand users use this 4.5 stars rated extension for daily use.
Reading comments while watching a video could be a fun part too. Once you install the extension, on the right-hand side tab, you will see the info, comments, and related videos to the video you are watching.
Features of SuperYouTube:
- You can change the default tab from the settings. Just click on the extension icon from the top right corner of the Chrome browser to access the settings. You can select default tabs as videos, comments, or info.
- It’s easy to control the volume by scrolling up and down on the current playing video.
- It’s a lightweight extension.
- All these simple features are available in 104kb size.
SuperYouTube indeed improves your video watching experience on YouTube.
<Try SuperYouTube Today>
With a rating of 4.7, Magic Actions is a multi-utility browser extension with approximately three million users. Small and compact at 317 kB, the latest update on January 1, 2020, with a 22.214.171.124 version, offers a multitude of features.
Magic Actions Features:
- Magic Vinyl (transforms the video with zoom, horizontal-flip, vertical-flip, color filter, speed booster, and viewing buffering status)
- Mouse Wheel Volume Control
- Auto HD 4k capabilities that work with HTML5 videos
- Dynamic Backlight feature with over 40 different colors presets; customization also available
- Stops auto-play
- Well-designed Night theme and OSD on-screen display
- Creates an endless loop of clips that you want to watch over and over again; simple right clicks to enable and disable loops)
- Previews of ratings
- Hides page elements
- Bypasses country restrictions on videos The Dynamic Backlight feature provides a relaxed ambiance to set the mood for a movie night.
- The Quick Expand feature plays the selected video in the broadest possible player size, filling your viewing window.
- The Auto HD feature allows videos at any desired resolution up to full Ultra HD 4k if available. When HD is not available for any video, it automatically adjusts to the highest possible resolution setting.
- Help and Tips on Chrome, Firefox, and Mozilla
A functional blog with regular updates on Chrome, the browser extensions, and an in-depth explanation of each feature in layman terms.
Multiple themes and browser extensions for deleting and managing history, deleting cookies, and so on Contributions come via Paypal.
The premium features include the contributor’s name, and social media links featured on the website, access to the beta version of the application and priority e-mail support from the team.
<Try Magic Actions Today>
Loom, with 4.8 stars from almost 9 thousand users, is one of the best extensions for users who want to create a youtube video. The extension allows you to capture, narrate, and instantly share the videos on YouTube. It offers three options to record the video, Screen+ cam, Screen only, and cam only.
In Screen+cam mode, you can record the screen along with a small camera circle to interact with people directly. The screen only mode is best for those who do not wish to record themselves on camera. The last option is, of course, to record via camera.
The latest 3.3.71 version of Loom updated on January 31, 2020, offers following features:
- Hours of recordings, no limitation on time.
- Loom offers secure storage for 25 video limit.
- It gives an option for video trimming and video embedding with instant HTML code.
- Users can integrate their Gmail, Slack, Jira, and many other accounts with Loom.
Loom Pro Premium offers more features, including HD video, unlimited storage, and premium editing suite for $10 per month.
<Try Loom Today>
Looper is a 93.24kB extension with the latest version 5.17.0 and a rating of 4.8 stars, which automatically adds a loop button below the subscribe button. Both the frequency and the range of the loop can be customized with the button.
It uses Content Script, which reduces the CPU usage is making your device more responsive.
It comes with an embedded keyboard shortcut. Every time you want to activate the function, all you have to do is hit P on your keyboard.
The latest update on August 7, 2019, has key features for autoloop.
Features of Looper:
- Looper allows users to set a loop in a portion of a range.
- A shortcut associated with the letter “P” starts the loop.
- The autoplay option for the playlist will be disabled after pressing the loop button.
- Looper displays translation according to the YouTube language.
Looper, although, has issues with casting using Chromecast, which is a bummer.
You can append “&loop=x” or &start=aa:bb&end=yy:zz” to set the frequency and define the range of the loop by choosing your variables. Easy Peasy!
<Try Looper Today>
With 4.7 star ratings from over eight thousand users, Enhancer is a browser extension with approximately four hundred and ten thousand users worldwide.
At 566 kB, Enhancer was the fortieth browser extension Microsoft Edge to be added to Windows Store.
The latest version of the application, i.e., v2:0.99, allows the following features:
- Mouse wheel controlled volume
- The extension also removes automatically or on-demand.
- It allows users to whitelist channels.
- It supports auto HD playback mode.
- Users, with Enhancer, can pin the video player.
Likewise, it offers more features to upgrade the user’s video watching experience.
<Try Enhancer Today>
What’s the most boring thing when it comes to watching lengthy videos? Forwarding it to the important part without missing any details. YouTube Playback Speed Control allows you to increase the playback speed of the video by pressing “+/-” keys. With a rating of 4.7 stars by more than a thousand users, this extension offers the easiest ways to rule over YouTube playback speed
The extension is lightweight with 463KiB size. Its recent update on January 31, 2020, users can easily increase or decrease the speed of HTML video playback using mouse clicks. However, pressing “+/-” keys is much easier as it needs too many mouse clicks to set the desired speed of the video.
<Try YouTube Playback Speed Control Today>
Improve YouTube with two hundred and twelve thousand users, and a rating of 4.5 on the Chrome Web Store is a multi-utility extension for all the little things about YouTube that are not so perfect. The latest update on February 11, 2020, offers amazing features while being 184KiB in size.
This extension disables annotation, auto-play, and playlists. The h.264 encoding makes your device more efficient without draining juice from your device or without taking up too much CPU usage.
To add to that is the choice of customizing your video quality and the video size. Add to that the option to control volume by scrolling away on your mouse, and we have got a win-win situation here.
While most of the features remain free, there is a small, one-time donation fee associated with the premium features via crypto-donation.
The premium features include:
- Creating loops, reverse playlist, shuffle playlist
- Taking screenshots
- Building custom playback speed and volume levels
- YouTube Mini Player
- YouTube pop-out Player
- Default auto-play options (both on and off; works on playlists too)
- Schedule player changes at night (includes dark color themes, blue-light, and dim display)
Recent updates fix YouTube autoplay, forced theatre mode, Pop-up font size, Moving thumbnails, and much more.
Enriched with more than forty odd features, Improv YouTube is a one-stop solution for those looking forward to a better YouTube experience.
Improve YouTube Beta’s offerings remain the same for all the YouTube beta users out there.
<Try Improve YouTube Today>
Imagine how much time you will save if you can see the bar of likes and dislikes on the YouTube video before even opening them.
With 4.6 ratings and more than eighty-five thousand users, this extension shows the likes and dislikes on the thumbnail of the YouTube video.
Users will be able to decide whether they want to watch a video based on the likes shows on the bar. It not only saves time but saves data also.
- Customizable rating bar height and thickness.
- Customized color option for rating bar-style.
- Occasionally, it shows the RP score of the video with an intelligent algorithm from 0 to 10.
<Try Rating Preview for YouTube Today>
With a 4.3 star rating and almost eighteen thousand users, Invideo is the best extension to search a term inside the YouTube video.
Invideo is a lightweight extension with just 371 KB and enables an inside video search to skip to the desired part of the video.
This particular extension will save a lot of time when it comes to finding the exact part of the video. Users can jump directly to their favorite part of the talk show, a speech, or a series.
A green “Invideo” button in line with the title of the video will let you use the feature of Invideo. Sometimes the extension might stop working. However, it will resume its work after reloading the page.
<Try Invideo Today>
Floating for YouTube was rated at 4 stars by over nineteen hundred users with more than three hundred thousand users worldwide, this browser extension is light and compact at 38.46 kB.
Another extension, Floating for YouTube Extension when synced with this application, gives an icon right next in the address bar for ready accessibility.
This button creates the floating video player window, which is ideal when you want to catch up on the new episode of your favorite show while checking your emails or keeping yourself entertained while working away with soothing music in the background.
Keyboard shortcuts are embedded for the hard-core techies who generally prefer tapping a few keys instead of dragging the cursor wherever it’s needed. Honestly, it does not get easier than this.
Some of them include:
- for zoom in
- for zoom out
- f for fullscreen mode
- f followed by the left and right arrow keys to jump back and forth on the video
- all the four direction keys to move the playback window in the required location on the screen (multitasking does get better with this!)
- ctrl+shift+9 to pause or hide the floating video playback (command for Mac users.)
With compatibility with both HTML5 and HTTPS videos across YouTube and embedded videos, this app has a role to play in every YouTube user’s life.
<Try Floating Today>
If you are someone who uses YouTube for purely entertainment purposes, this application will enhance the viewing experience for you. With the size of 5.45MB, it’s the latest version 126.96.36.199 supports various browsers.
Working on a varied range of web browsers and an array of the website including Hulu, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and Metacafe, to name a few.
Turn Off the Lights has keyboard shortcuts to toggle the lights, the eye-protection feature, adjust the opacity levels, timestamps, and zooming in and zooming out.
Latest features are:
- It supports Auto wide mode of video playing.
- It has an option to make the screen dark when the user hits the play button.
- Users can select a video quality up to 8K HD.
- It has a feature of atmosphere lighting that shows glow around the video player.
<Try Turn Off the Lights Today>
With 3.9 star ratings from over thirty-one thousand users, Enhancer is a browser extension with approximately three hundred thousand users worldwide.
At 310 kB, Enhancer was the fortieth browser extension Microsoft Edge to be added to Windows Store.
The latest version of the application, i.e., v6.0.5 allows the following features:
- With a customized toolbar to suit your needs, including colors, keyboard shortcuts, custom speed, volume and resolution settings, and effects, this browser extension brings YouTube to your fingertips.
- You can block ads automatically. However, individual channels can be whitelisted, a particularly handy feature for your favorite YouTubers to earn money.
- The default settings can be adjusted with the mouse wheel once you have enabled the features.
- The new update of the application released in August 2018 introduced the resizing and repositioning of the player.
- The good old drag and drop gesture resizes the player, whereas a simple right-click will reposition the player making it convenient to browse for the next video that goes into your playlist.
- Disables playlist playback.
- Automatically pauses videos when opened in a background tab.
- Disables video buffering when the video is running on a background tab.
- Minimalist browser window that can both be used attached or detached from your browser.
- The extension provides in-app paid products for a better experience.
Brownie points: All of the above is in addition to the cinema mode and filters. It works on embedded videos too if the src attribute of the video is HTTP:// only. Some embedded videos have the src attribute starting with //, and they are not compatible with this browser extension (Yet.)
Moreover, the tips and tricks and tutorials section on the website are coming soon. With added information, this browser application is already set to up its game — no active affiliate programs associated with this application.
<Try Enhancer Today>
Some Bonus YouTube Tips-
Before you end up reading the article, here are some bonus YouTube tips for you:
1. Download any YouTube video
You can download any YouTube video with a simple ss appended before the link. This should open a savefrom.net webpage in ten-odd seconds.
Choose the highest available video quality, and you will have it saved in your device in no time. Brownie points for this hack since it is compatible with all internet browsers.
2. Extract the audio
Follow the same steps as above and toggle on the video resolution bar to find the “Audio MP4” or associated MP3 format option listed in the dropdown list for your perusal.
When you download, it will extract the audio from the video only.
3. Create a gif from YouTube videos
You can easily convert any YouTube video to gif by adding gif before the link and hit enter. Once you follow that up with a couple of edits, you will be able to achieve the desired results.
As an open information repository, there is plenty out there on YouTube alone. This has been prevalent to the extent that we have grown to embrace the fact that you shall have an alternate solution to our everyday problems out there.
To improve your experience, efficiency, and functionality on the platform, Chrome web store has plenty of third-party browser extensions to optimize the existing galore of knowledge in place.
Mild, moderate, or severe, every YouTube user has a solution that is out there!
Do let us know which YouTube Chrome browser extension you use and why? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comment section below.
You might like to read these YouTube posts as well-