How to Watch Movies Remotely With Friends using StreamParty?
In our busy day-to-day lives, it is essential to spend some quality time doing activities with our friends and family to stay fresh, energetic, and motivated.
However, as you all know, our social, personal, and professional lives all came to a halt due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Going out to the cinema with friends is one of the most common social activities that almost all of us enjoy.
However, covid-19 restrictions and social distancing protocols in place around the globe mean that you cannot enjoy movies in the cinema any longer like you used to before.
This is where the StreamParty online service kicks in.
What is StreamParty?
StreamParty is the best option out there for anyone who wishes to watch and enjoy movies with friends, family, or acquaintances living elsewhere.
It’s an online platform that lets you stream videos online and watch them with others over the internet.
Using StreamParty, you can stream videos for public viewing as well as private viewing. When you stream videos publicly, anyone using the StreamParty platform can watch the stream.
However, if you’re streaming the videos privately, only people whom you invite will be able to join the streaming party and watch the video(s).
StreamParty Features: What Makes the Service Special?
Now that you know what the StreamParty service does, below is a quick look at the various features offered by StreamParty to its users.
- Support for All Popular Streaming Services:
You can stream videos from various popular streaming services on StreamParty, including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Disney+, and Joyn.
- Easy to Use:
StreamParty is easy to get going with. You do not need to have any technical knowledge to get started with StreamParty. All you need to do is click a few buttons, and you’re good to go.
- Synchronized Streaming for All Participants:
One common doubt that users might have regarding online group streaming of videos is synchronization. StreamParty ensures that all the viewers in a single watch party get to experience a synchronized watching experience.
- Join Others Public Watch Parties:
There are lots of public watch party streaming by StreamParty users. Therefore, you can always find something new to watch on the platform.
- Integrated Voice, Video & Text Chats:
All the members within a single watch party can communicate with each other using text and voice chats. The platform also supports video chat among members within a party, thus offering a virtual theatre-watching experience online.
- StreamParty Community to Find Like-Minded People:
There is also an active community of users on StreamParty where you can share posts about the content you love, find content shared by others, and network with like-minded people.
Is StreamParty Completely Free?
With such a plethora of features offered by StreamParty, you might think it is a costly service subscription.
However, the truth is that StreamParty is free for anyone to use!
Yes, you heard that right!
But, there is a catch.
There are few limitations to the free StreamParty account.
If you’re using a free StreamParty account, then you can host unlimited public watch parties. However, you can only host 4 hours of private watch parties.
Another limitation is that only a maximum of 3 people can be added to a single watch party. The positive side is that there is no restriction for video or text chat among the members.
For normal users, the above-mentioned restrictions won’t matter much.
If you’re looking to expand the features offered by StreamParty, you can choose to go with a paid subscription.
The StreamParty “Premium” subscription costs $10 for 3 months ($4 if you choose to pay monthly). The Premium plan allows you to access all the features of StreamParty, with the only restriction being that you can add a maximum of 6 people in a single private watch party.
There is also a StreamParty “Business Lite” plan. In the Business Lite plan, you get all the features supported by the Premium plan. Besides that, you can add up to 50 people to a single private watch party and even use the service commercially to make money.
How to Use StreamParty to Watch Movies/Series Online Remotely with Friends?
Now that you know everything about the StreamParty online video streaming service let us also take you through the steps involved in creating a watch party on StreamParty and enjoying it with your friends.
1. To begin, visit the official StreamParty.com website.
2. As you’re new to StreamParty, you need to register an account within the platform. Click on the “Register” button on the top-right corner of the window to sign up to StreamParty.
4. After filling in the details and agreeing to the terms & policy, click on the “Register” button. Alternatively, you can sign up for StreamParty using your Google account.
5. If you chose to sign up to StreamParty using your email, a confirmation email would be sent to your email address. You need to click on the link within the confirmation email to activate your account.
6. Now, revisit the StreamParty website and log in to your newly created account.
7. As you’re logging in for the first time, you will be asked to enter a username for your StreamParty account and also select the streaming services you’ll be using. Once all the information is entered, click on “Save.”
Now, you can access your StreamParty account. You can now choose to stream all the publicly available content.
If you wish to start a video stream using StreamParty, follow the below steps:
1. Click on the “Create StreamParty” button on the top right corner of the homepage.
2. Now, you’ll be asked to install the StreamParty Browser Plugin. Click on the “Install” button and do the same.
3. Once the browser plugin is installed, a new popup window will appear where you’ll be asked to pick the streaming service to broadcast through StreamParty.
4. After selecting a service, a new window will launch, redirecting to the service you chose. You may have to log in to the service such as YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video, etc. as per your choice to continue.
5. In the new window, select and play the video you wish to broadcast using StreamParty.
6. Now, select whether you wish to broadcast the video publicly or privately within StreamParty.
7. Regardless of whether you choose public or private streaming, you will have to set a title for your streaming party.
8. If you click on “Advanced Settings” on the above screen, you can control the play/pause options and video-call within the streaming.
9. You can schedule the Stream Party for a future time or begin the broadcast immediately on the next screen.
10. If you click on the “Create Party” button, the broadcast will then begin. You can click on the “Share” button for private broadcasts and share the link with people you wish to add to the watching party.
11. For public broadcasts, anyone using the StreamParty service during the broadcast can watch it live.
And that is it. You have now successfully created a StreamParty account and learned how to begin a stream.
As we mentioned earlier, you can join any public broadcast streaming on StreamParty by just clicking on the streaming party displayed on the homepage.
However, if you wish to join a private streaming party hosted by someone else, you will need to link the host to join the party directly.
We hope you found this detailed article on how to use StreamParty to broadcast and watch movies online remotely with friends as helpful and easy to understand.
If you’ve already used StreamParty in the past, feel free to leave your review of the service in the comments below.